We believe in having a good time and it is our mission to offer you a memorable experience and to do that we need your help.
Below are our terms and conditions for our private wine tours. We ask that you read them and feel free to ask us about any of them. We feel that they are reasonable and fair.
Private/Charter Tours Terms and Conditions.
- We require a 20% deposit at the time of booking to secure your booking.
- Deposits can be made via bank transfer to the account listed on your invoice. Once payment is made remittance must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use your invoice number as your reference so your payment can be applied to your account correctly.
- If booking a tour to go out within 10 days of your booking, full payment is required at the time of booking.
- The balance must be paid in full 10 days prior to the tour date. This can be paid via bank deposit with the account listed on your invoice or via a credit card. If paying by credit card please be aware you will be charged a credit card surcharge fee. Once payment is made remittance must be sent to email@example.com. Use your invoice number as your reference so your payment can be applied to your account correctly.
- If your tour is left unpaid the day of your tour and you have not communicated with us in our attempts to contact you leading up to the tour date to fix payment up, your tour will be canceled and payment in full is still expected and in cases where contact attempts are ignored and payment remains unpaid it may be sent to debt collectors.
Cancellation and Refund Policy.
- Your 20% deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE within 12 weeks of the original booking date.
- If you have booked your tour more than 12 weeks in advance and need to cancel a 50% refund of the total 20% deposit will be refunded.
- For tours canceled 7 days or more out from your original booked date we provide a refund of monies paid, minus your deposit if within 12 weeks of original booked tour date and in the event any extra monies have been paid on your behalf to secure a booking.
- For tours canceled “last minute” (24 hrs before the tour is due to go out) no refund will be provided.
- If you need to cancel your booking within 48 hrs of when your tour is due to go out we will refund 50% of full tour cost.
- If you wish to change your original booking date, we will always try to accommodate you as best we can but there may be a $50 change of date fee depending on individual situations, how close the tour is set to go out when date is changed, multiple date changes etc.
Please note in some instances we are required to pay the venues upfront- in these instances you may not receive a refund if you cancel for the payment made to the venue. This is out of our control. We hope you understand.
Change of numbers on tour
- Numbers for the tour are to be confirmed 7 days prior to your tour.
- If booking numbers are reduced within 48 hrs of your tour starting, you will still be charged the full amount, no refund will be given for last minute drop outs.
- If your numbers reduce 2-7 days from your tour starting you will receive a 50% refund on those who cannot attend.
- If your numbers drop below the minimum numbers for the price bracket you have been charged, your price per person will increase.
Child Policy (Under 18)
As a general rule, our private tours cannot accommodate children under 18 years of age. In the circumstance a minor (person under the age of 18) attends the tour, they are the full responsibility of their parent or supervisor and must be accompanied by and supervised by them at all times.
Strictly no drinking alcohol for any person under the age of 18.
- If you or anyone in your group is late for the pick up, one or more stops may need to be omitted from the tour. Your tour driver will try to rebook for a different time, but you may not be able to get in,
- Late drop offs may incur a $50 per half hour fee. This is when we engage the services of a chartered bus and driver. You will be warned of this if it may be a possibility.
Other terms and conditions
- No drinking on the bus. The bus is not licensed and therefore the consumption of alcohol will not be tolerated.
- We recommend all participants have travel insurance in the event to cover any illness, loss of property, which may result in failure to join or complete the tour.
- Pick up locations must be confirmed 7 days prior to the tour.
- We accept no responsibility if a person misses the tour due to pick up location being changed and we are not advised.
- We pick up passengers from one location only for private tours. Multiple pick ups will be charged a fee. This fee will be highlighted to you when you inform of the different pick up locations.
- We accept no responsibility for damaged or lost property while on tour, in our buses (owned or rented) or in the vineyards that we visit. We will always try our best to keep your property safe but we suggest you carry all valuables on your persons and not leave them on the bus or unattended.
- Passengers must provide proof of age as required by law if consuming alcohol.
- All fares are in Australian currency (AUD) and include GST.
- Smoking/Vaping is not permitted on the bus or inside any of the buildings we attend.
- Smoking or vaping on the bus will incur a $500 fine, which will be pursued through debt collectors and/or the Victorian Courts.
- Vomiting on the bus will incur a cleaning fee. That fee will be the cost to have the bus professionally cleaned.
- Spilling drinks on the bus will incur a $100 cleaning fee.
- Any damage to the bus will be charged on a case by case basis.
- All rubbish is to be placed by the participants in the rubbish bags provided, failing to do so and leaving the bus with rubbish everywhere will result in a cleaning fee to be charged on a case by case basis.
Delays and overtime
It is very important that the itinerary is followed. Our full day wine tours are 8 hours in duration. Anything over this 8 hour period is considered a delay. Each venue is booked at a certain time for approximately 45 minutes (tastings) and 1.5-2hrs (lunch). If a delay is caused by Rick’s Wine Tours or any of the venues you visit you will not be charged a fee.
If you miss a tasting due to delays caused by Rick’s Wine Tours, you will be compensated with drinks on the day at a different venue.
If your group causes a time delay and your tour does not follow the times set out on the itinerary you may be charged the following fees;
$90.00 per hour- charged in 1 hr blocks for any over time at the end of your day.
Toilet stops are a part of all wine tours. We are happy to stop once on the way home for you and your guests to use the bathroom. If multiple toilet stops are required you may be charged a delay fee of $90.00 per hour charged in 1 hour blocks, This fee is used to pay the drivers overtime.
Tour code of conduct
Persons causing a nuisance will be removed from the tour. Rick’s Wine tours will not be responsible for any expense to the passenger if this occurs. Uncontrollable or disruptive drunken behavior will not be tolerated. Any person who becomes intoxicated will be removed from the tour. Rick’s Wine Tours will not be responsible for any expense to the passenger if this occurs. Wineries reserve the right to refuse service & entry. Disruptive persons will not be allowed on the vehicle. No alcohol is allowed on our vehicles. No BYO food or drink is allowed in the wineries or other tour venues unless otherwise specified to you in writing with your booking. Wineries do not have BYO license therefore you may not bring your own alcohol for consumption. Individuals are responsible for any damage inflicted on our vehicles or at any venues.
Rick’s Wine Tours will not be liable for any damages to any private or public property caused by any passengers.
Rick’s Wine Tours reminds passengers that responsible service of alcohol laws apply at all times and any passenger who becomes intoxicated, disruptive, offensive, violent or quarrelsome will be removed immediately from the tour.
Use of visual media
Unless otherwise stated in writing, all passengers agree to the use and marketing of all videos and still images captured by Rick’s Wine Tours and its drivers/hosts while on tour.
These videos and still images may be used on social media platforms, online video platforms as well as any other promotional material developed by the business including banners, flyers, or other marketing materials that the business develops for its advertising and promotional strategies.
The images and videos are the property of the company to use in the above ways without having to gain consent or give compensation to passengers.
Covid 19 restrictions (if applicable)
When required, we follow all government advice and regulations regarding Covid-19. We may enforce the following restrictions.
- All attendee must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- All attendee must wear a mask on the bus and when entering venues
- All attendees must sign in using QR codes on the bus.
- If you have experienced any Covid symptoms you will not be allowed on the tour.
- If you have tested positive to Covid you will be required to provide evidence of a negative Covid test result.
Liability Waiver-Private, Charter and Public Tours.
To The Extent Permitted By Law:
The company, its related entities, employees and agents shall not be liable for any claims, loses, damages, injuries, costs, expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential) as a result of, or arising out of, or in any way connected with any tour performed by Rick’s Wine Tours. The passenger releases the company for any claim, whatsoever and howsoever incurred, including but not limited to, a claim for death, bodily injury, damage or loss of property during embarkation and or disembarkation to or from the buses or vehicles and/or at all times whilst on board any buses or vehicles, unless caused by wilful misconduct or reckless disregard of the company.
In the event of a breach of any of these terms by the company, or failure in whole or in part to provide any service that the company contracted to provide (either expressly or by implication), the remedy for any such breach of any term shall be limited only to the contractual value of the performance of service where there was partial performance of the service or obligation by the company. Any liability shall be assessed by the company’s own value of the service and/or obligation or part thereof that is the subject of any claim.